Our Silent Auction uses Online Bidding from Greater Giving. Use your smartphone or tablet to bid on Silent Auction items.
1. Register your mobile number and credit card information on our registration page in advance of the event when you purchase your ticket to one of the Pairings events. If you did not provide a credit card number for the auction when you registered, please call the office at (615) 329-1760 or message firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to the Auction.
2. When the auction opens on Tuesday, February 21, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your personalized bidder link.
3. After clicking the link in the text, begin to browse Silent Auction lots. You can sort by category, or search for packages by name, lot number, or keyword.
4. Select the package you wish to bid on.
5. To advance the bid to the next increment, click Bid.
6. To advance the bid beyond the next increment, click Bid More.
Under Bid More select your bid by scrolling the wheel to your desired amount.
If you click Place Bid then you will bid that amount.
If you choose Max Bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf until you are outbid or until the auction closes.
If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
7. To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, click Buy and then Select the Quantity you wish to purchase.
8. To “watch” a package, click the star icon next to the package name. You can see your list of watched items under Favorites in the main navigation.
9. To make a donation, select the Raise Your Paddle on your home screen and choose a preset amount or enter a different number under Custom Amount.
10. If you’re out-bid at any point before the auction lots close, you will receive a text message.
11. To view packages you are bidding on, click the menu button and select Bids. You can also go here to see if you were the winning bidder after the closing of the auction.
12. Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
Tips and Tricks for First-Time Bidders
Mobile Bidding Registered attendees will have access to all items through Mobile Bidding. You will receive a welcome text on Tuesday, February 21 at noon with your personalized link to the auction. If you do not receive a welcome text it means we do not have your phone number or credit card information in our system. Please call the office at (615) 329-1760 or message email@example.com to gain access to the Auction.
Auction Catalog Pairings features both a Silent and Live Auction items, but only Silent Auction items are available on mobile bidding. Information about each lot is published in the Auction Catalog which is available HERE. Each auction lot will have a detailed description including specific information regarding the ability to ship out of state, restrictions on fulfillment dates, and other necessary information. We encourage everyone to read the catalog and do their research ahead of time.
Tip:Download the Auction Catalog to your Smart Phone or tablet for quick and easy access.